List of topics required for credit in neonatology:
- Fetal physiology and mechanisms of adaptation to life outside of the uterus (fetal circulation, thermoregulation)
- Screening and vaccination during infancy
- Neonatal jaundice: evaluation and treatment
- Preterm birth, intrauterine hypotrophy, assessment of gestational age
- Bacterial and viral intrauterine infections
- Diseases typical of premature infants: respiratory distress syndrome, enterocolitis, intraventricular hemorrhage, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, retinopathy of premature infants
- Infant born to diabetic mother
- Respiratory disorders: differential diagnosis and treatment
- Neonatal nutrition, breastfeeding, parenteral feeding
- Resuscitation of a newborn at the delivery room
- Congenital defects and genetically conditioned syndromes
- Three level of organization of perinatal care
Rules and regulations for neonatology classes for 4th year students of the Faculty of Medicine:
The neonatology classes will last for 5 days from 8:00 am till 12:30 pm. Each student is also obligated to participate in 5 hour of practical exercises within the afternoon duty. The presence at all classess is compulsory.
Student should gather at 8:00 am on Monday in the seminary room of the neonatology Department. Please bring hospital shoes and stethoscopes.
A written exam in the form of a test will take place on Friday. In order to receive a full credit, each student has to provide a complete credit sheet.
Presentations to download: